Eleven Students Awarded with Galeton Foundation Scholarship
GALETON, PA. – Eleven Galeton High School students have been awarded scholarships from The William and L. R. Gale Community Foundation a/k/a Galeton Foundation. Since the inception of awarding scholarships by the foundation five years ago, the Foundation has awarded over $326,000 to 43 Galeton Area School District students. The 2017 scholarships totaled $108,000 with each student being awarded $1,500 per semester.
Listed below are the scholarship recipients and their plans for continuing education:
- Evan C. Griffen – Clark Summit University for Business Management
- Alexis Lancenese – Penn Tech for Nursing
- Brittni Leonard – West Moreland Community College for Nursing
- Hunter Ludington – Penn Tech for Welding
- Olivia Pagano – Bloomsburg University for Nursing
- Cortney Parsell – Lebanon Valley College for Physical Therapy
- Laura Parsell – Montgomery Community College for Tourism and Travel Services
- Faith Quinn – Clark Summit University for Elementary Education
- Madisyn M. Reiter – Penn State Altoona for Undecided and Pre-Med
- David Steadman – Universal Technical Institute for Automotive Technician
- Cooper Sunderlin – University of Pittsburgh at Bradford for Environmental Science and Petroleum Technology
The Galeton Foundation Scholarship Foundation started this scholarship program in 2013 for current high school seniors attending Galeton Area High School accepted by an accredited college, university or trade school. The scholarship awards may be used to help pay for tuition, books and room and board charges and are paid directly to the college, university or school.
The Galeton Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization and welcomes contributions to grow the fund to help assist charitable organizations in the Galeton Area and to provide scholarships for Galeton Area High School seniors.
Citizens & Northern Bank is a local, independent community bank providing complete financial, investment and insurance services through 26 full service offices located throughout Cameron, Potter, McKean, Tioga, Bradford, Sullivan and Lycoming counties in Pennsylvania and Steuben County, NY. C&N’s most recently opened Elmira, NY loan production office offers commercial, residential and consumer lending services. C&N can be found on the worldwide web at www.cnbankpa.com. The Company’s stock is listed on NASDAQ Capital Market Securities under the symbol CZNC.