Laurel Health Centers
Penn Oak Realty
Bank On It
By The Door
Back to Basics
Live From The Hive
Halloween is right around the corner, and with it, comes hundreds of kids going to door-to-door in the pursuit for sweets – which we call Trick-Or-Treating. We want to make sure everyone stays safe. In Wellsboro, there will be two Halloween events – one, hosted by UPMC Susquehanna Soldiers + Sailors begins at noon on October 26 and extends until 6:00pm. Secondly, the Halloween parade and borough trick-or-treating will take place beginning at 6:00pm on Thursday, October 31. Trick-or-treating concludes at 9:00pm.
Blossburg’s Halloween parade also takes place on October 31 with trick-or-treating to follow, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
According to local law enforcement, the following tips will help you and your family stay safe and have fun this holiday season.
1. Don’t assume traffic will stop for you. It gets dark outside early this time of year, so motorists may have a harder time seeing you.
2. Parents should accompany children. Hand-holding is recommended for younger trick-or-treaters.
3. Bring a flashlight.
4. Examine candy before eating. Check for spoilage or tampering.
5. Wear reflective clothing.
6. Use extra caution while traveling dimly lit streets, like West Avenue in Wellsboro.
7. Motorists are encouraged slow down and be alert, even if it means traveling below the speed limit.
8. Do not pick up your children in the middle of the street. Designate a meet-up spot.
9. Make sure outfits and costumes fit properly so masks and hats don’t impair vision and longer garments don’t trip.
10. Stay on the sidewalk. (North Williamson road and Main Street in Blossburg are high traffic areas.) Use crosswalks.