The Incredible History of the Penn Wells Hotel
The Historic Penn Wells Hotel has welcomed visitors to Wellsboro for more than 150 years. The Hotel was constructed in 1869 and opened in 1870 as the Cone House. Initially guests were primarily engaged in commercial pursuits, staying in the Hotel for short stints after arriving by rail or coach, and some taking residence at the Hotel for longer periods as they worked in local industries. With its rebirth as the Penn Wells Hotel in 1926, the Hotel welcomed an increasing number of leisure travelers to the area.
Today, the Hotel is a member of the Historic Hotels of America, offering a well-preserved example of architecture from both its 1869 construction and its 1920s era interior finishings, as well as numerous historical items of note, such as the glass bulb American flag that adorns one wall in its elegant lobby and the black and white photos that line the dining room walls.
You can watch the full documentary at PennWells.com.
Videography: Andrew Moore
Video Editing: Andrew Moore
Writing: Penn Wells Hotel
Anchor: Rhonda Pearson
Produced by Vogt Media
Home Page Sponsors: Penn Wells Hotel / Lodge