There's no place like Home Page
Wellsboro Ministerium Lent Services
Laurel Health Centers
Penn Oak Realty
Bank On It
Points to Ponder
Back to Basics
Live From The Hive
Foster Care Families Needed!
Foster Care Month begins in May, but our Tioga County Department of Human Services is always seeking foster families to fill this need in our area.
What is Foster Care? To provide a safe, nurturing environment, to promote the child’s maximum growth and development, to work toward achievement of the permanency goal of the child.
The mission of the Tioga County Department of Human Services is to protect, serve, and improve the quality for Tioga County’s citizens by effectively managing the County’s human service programs and resources.
To become a foster parent, you must meet the following criteria:
* Be at least 21 years of age.
* Be a U.S. Citizen.
* Obtain Criminal, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances.
* Pass a physical examination; be free from communicable diseases and able to handle stress.
* Are successful in handling your own family life and finances.
* Possess patience and understanding for the needs of children of all ages.
* Acquire 6/12 hours of training.
To learn more, visit the Tioga County Department of Human Services website here.
Videography: Ethan Chabala
Video Editing: Ethan Chabala
Writing: Rhonda Pearson, Tioga County Department of Human Services
Anchor: Rhonda Pearson
Produced by Vogt Media
Home Page Sponsors: UPMC